Friday, May 18, 2012

"I'm withering, I'm withering"

I'm withering, I'm withering! The children despretely said, as I was watering the garden while they jumped on the trampoline, begging me to wet them as they often do. While they continued to pretend they were flowers that needed to be watered, I was reminded that in way my children are a garden that need watering daily.
 Their thirsty little souls cry out and whisper in this parched land, "I'm withering, I'm withering." It was a loud whisper of encouragement that my job as a mother is crucial in the growth of my garden. That the watering I do today will determine thier growth. It was as if I could hear their spirits say,  Give me Jesus we are withering, we are thirsty.
Jesus is the living water and all who drink of Him will be satisfied. My garden will flourish when watered with Jesus, in this dry and weary land where there is no water to drink, Jesus will be a well to their thirsty little souls!
May they bloom and be  like a  city on a hill who's light can not be hidden, whose leaves do not wither or dry out, who is firmly planted like a tree planted by a stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment